Schlage Camelot and Century are two popular smart lock models that offer similar features but differ in design. The Schlage Camelot trim has a traditional look, while the Schlage Century has a modern and minimalist design.
Both locks can be controlled and monitored using the Schlage Home app and can be paired with leading smart home devices. The Schlage Sense model works with HomeKit for Siri control, the Schlage Connect model is designed for Alexa and Z-Wave integration, and the Schlage Encode is a WiFi lock that does not require a hub.
Choosing the right lock depends on your specific needs and compatibility with your existing smart home setup.
Introduction To Schlage Camelot And Century
Schlage Camelot and Century are two of the most popular smart lock collections from Schlage, a renowned name in the door hardware industry. These smart locks combine advanced technology with sleek design, providing homeowners with enhanced security, convenience, and style. In this detailed comparison, we will explore the key features and differences between Schlage Camelot and Century, helping you make an informed decision for your home.
Overview Of Schlage Camelot
Schlage Camelot is a sophisticated collection of smart locks known for its elegance and timeless design. With its classic aesthetic appeal, the Camelot series seamlessly blends with various architectural styles. The collection features a variety of options, including touchscreen deadbolts, keypads, and levers, allowing you to choose a locking mechanism that suits your preferences and needs.
Overview Of Schlage Century
Schlage Century is a modern and contemporary collection of smart locks that exudes simplicity and minimalist charm. The Century series showcases clean lines and a streamlined appearance, making it a perfect choice for contemporary homes and urban dwellings. Like the Camelot series, the Century collection also offers a range of options, such as touchscreen deadbolts, keypads, and levers, providing versatility and style.
Key Similarities And Differences
When comparing Schlage Camelot and Century, it’s important to understand their similarities and differences in features and functionality. Below, we highlight the key aspects:
- Both collections offer advanced smart lock capabilities, allowing you to control and monitor your locks remotely through compatible apps.
- They are compatible with popular voice assistants, such as Alexa and Google Assistant, enabling hands-free operation.
- Camelot and Century locks utilize built-in alarm technology to alert you of potential threats or unauthorized access attempts.
- Both collections feature easy installation and compatibility with standard door preparations, ensuring a hassle-free setup process.
|Classic and elegant
|Modern and minimalist
|Multiple finishes available
|Multiple finishes available
|Handle or Lever
By understanding the similarities and differences between Schlage Camelot and Century, you can determine which collection aligns better with your personal style and home decor. Whether you prefer the classic charm of Camelot or the modern simplicity of Century, both collections offer exceptional security and convenience, elevating your home’s smart technology.
Design And Aesthetic
When it comes to choosing the right door hardware for your home, design and aesthetic play a crucial role. Both the Schlage Camelot and Century collections offer stunning options that blend seamlessly with various architectural styles. In this detailed comparison, we will dive into the design features of each collection to help you make an informed decision for your home.
Schlage Camelot Design
The Schlage Camelot collection showcases a timeless and elegant design suitable for traditional or vintage-inspired homes. With its graceful curves and intricate details, the Camelot series adds a touch of sophistication to any entryway. Available in a variety of finishes such as satin nickel, aged bronze, and matte black, the Camelot designs offer versatile options to match your personal style and existing decor. Whether you prefer a classic lever handle or a charming knob, the Schlage Camelot collection has the perfect design to enhance the beauty of your home.
Schlage Century Design
If you have a modern or contemporary home, the Schlage Century collection might be the ideal choice for you. With its sleek lines and minimalist aesthetic, the Century series exudes a sense of sleek sophistication. The clean and streamlined designs of the Century collection make it a popular choice among homeowners looking to achieve a modern look. Available in finishes like satin nickel, matte black, and bright chrome, these designs effortlessly blend with various color palettes and architectural styles. Whether you prefer a bold square-shaped lever or a sleek electronic keypad, the Schlage Century collection offers designs that are both visually appealing and functional.
Comparing Design Features
Now let’s dive into a detailed comparison of the design features between the Schlage Camelot and Century collections.
|Traditional and vintage-inspired
|Modern and contemporary
|Satin nickel, aged bronze, matte black
|Satin nickel, matte black, bright chrome
|Lever handles, knobs
|Square-shaped levers, electronic keypad
|Elegant and intricate
|Sleek and minimalist
As you can see from the table above, the Schlage Camelot collection is perfect for those who appreciate a traditional or vintage aesthetic, while the Schlage Century collection caters to homeowners seeking a modern and contemporary look for their doors. Both collections offer a wide range of finishes and handle options to match your personal style.
In conclusion, when it comes to design and aesthetic, the Schlage Camelot and Century collections offer distinct choices that cater to different architectural styles. Whether you prefer the elegance of the Camelot designs or the sleekness of the Century series, Schlage provides high-quality door hardware options that enhance the overall aesthetics of your home.
Features And Functionality
When choosing between the Schlage Camelot and Century smart locks, understanding their features and functionality is crucial. Both locks offer a range of advanced capabilities to enhance security and convenience in your home. Let’s take a closer look at the key features of each lock.
Smart Lock Compatibility
Schlage Sense, Schlage Connect, and Schlage Encode are three different smart lock models that offer varying compatibility options for seamless integration into your smart home setup.
- Schlage Sense: This model works with Apple HomeKit, allowing you to control your lock using Siri voice commands. It offers compatibility with other HomeKit-enabled devices for a truly connected experience.
- Schlage Connect: Designed for Alexa and Z-Wave integration, the Schlage Connect allows you to lock and unlock your door using voice commands. It is compatible with popular smart home platforms such as Amazon Echo and Samsung SmartThings.
- Schlage Encode: If you prefer a lock that doesn’t require a hub, the Schlage Encode is the perfect choice. With built-in WiFi, it offers direct connectivity to your home network, enabling remote access and control from anywhere.
Both the Schlage Camelot and Century locks prioritize your home’s security with a range of robust features. Here’s what you can expect:
- Strong Deadbolt: Schlage locks are known for their durability, and both the Camelot and Century models feature a strong deadbolt mechanism that provides exceptional resistance against forced entry.
- Security Pins: These locks are equipped with security pins that offer an added layer of protection against picking and bumping techniques commonly used by intruders.
- Tight Tolerances: Schlage locks are meticulously designed with tight tolerances, ensuring optimal performance and preventing unauthorized access.
Additional Features And Technology
Aside from their smart capabilities and security features, the Schlage Camelot and Century locks offer additional functionalities to enhance convenience and user experience.
- Flexibility: Both locks allow for keyless entry, eliminating the need for physical keys and enabling you to grant temporary access to guests or service providers without the need for rekeying.
- Access Monitoring: With the Schlage Home app, you can conveniently monitor and control your locks from your smartphone. You can also pair your locks with leading smart home devices for an integrated and streamlined home automation experience.
- Remote Access: The Schlage Encode lock, in particular, offers the convenience of remote access. With WiFi connectivity, you can lock or unlock your door and monitor activity from anywhere using the Schlage Home app.
With these features and functionalities, the Schlage Camelot and Century smart locks offer a secure and convenient solution for modern homeowners. Whether you prefer Apple HomeKit compatibility, Alexa integration, or WiFi connectivity, there’s a Schlage lock that suits your specific needs.
Frequently Asked Questions For Schlage Camelot Vs Century: Detailed Comparison
What Are The Difference Between The Schlage Smart Locks?
The difference between Schlage smart locks is based on their compatibility and connectivity options. Schlage Sense works with HomeKit and Siri, Schlage Connect is designed for Alexa and Z-Wave integration, and Schlage Encode is a WiFi lock that doesn’t require a hub.
What Is The Difference Between Encode And Encode Plus?
Schlage Encode Plus allows unlocking doors without stable WiFi through Bluetooth, while standard Encode requires WiFi for operation.
Are Schlage Locks Good Quality?
Yes, Schlage locks are considered to be of good quality. They are known for their superior security features, durable materials, tight tolerances, great security pins, and robust deadbolt screws. While they may be more expensive than Kwikset locks, the quality of Schlage locks justifies the higher cost.
Does Schlage Camelot Have An App?
Yes, Schlage Camelot has an app called the Schlage Home app. You can control and monitor your locks from your smartphone with a secure encrypted connection and pair your locks with leading smart home devices.
Both Schlage Camelot and Century offer excellent security and functionality for your home. While Camelot has a more traditional look, Century features a modern and minimalist design. It is important to consider your personal style and preferences when choosing between the two.
Additionally, make sure to check compatibility with your existing smart home devices to ensure a seamless integration. Overall, both options are reliable and durable, providing peace of mind and convenience for your home security needs.